On Saturday, March 27th, 35 participants and parents gathered at the Bucyrus Public Library for a Dora the Explorer program.
After Children's Librarian Barb Scott welcomed the group, they proved to be expert Dora watchers as they successfully answered question after question in the Dora Trivia Quiz, done in Powerpoint.
After the quiz was completed, it was time to adjourn to 5 different craft tables set up for the afternoon. Crafts available were:
1. Dora Coloring Page--Participants colored and handed in a picture of Dora to be used with a picture display of the day's event.
2. Dora Treat Bag--Participants colored and glued together a treat bag featuring Dora and Boots.
3. Dora Toilet Paper Roll Craft--Features for Dora were colored, cut out, and pasted onto a toilet paper roll.
4. Super Map Craft--Features of Map were glued onto a piece of paper, complete with a super hero cape!
5. Dora Maze Booklet--Simple booklet of mazes with Dora and her friends was assembled and then stapled together.
Once participants had finished crafts, it was time for refreshments. They enjoyed cupcakes, tortilla chips, popcorn, fruit snacks, and punch.
Each child received a small goodie bag with Dora stickers, tattoos, and small magnifying glasses.
A drawing was held for four Dora prizes.